How To Achieve A Salon Blow Dry From Home With Our Vent Brushes
Big bouncy hair is always in, but since we have now been put into lockdown number 3 and are unable to visit salons, we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try this at home!
There is no question that the best brush to create that salon look is using a round brush with vented radial barrels to distribute heat evenly throughout the hair. So why not take some time to practice getting your hair salon ready from home with our range of Blow Dry Vent Brushes – in small, medium and large (suitable for all hair types). Here is some inspo for you from our girl @wedlocks_ and model @aaliyahceilia
Here are some of our top tips:
- Any hair stylist or salon would say heat protector is an essential before a blow-dry! Take you chosen spray or cream and apply to damp hair, brushing through with a detangling brush. Ensure all product is distributed evenly before starting to dry the hair.
- Part Air-Dry Hair: Let your hair air dry until it’s around 80% dry before you begin blow drying it. This will help to reduce heat exposure on your hair, but also makes the process easier and quicker!
- Sectioning Hair: Use sectioning clips to separate hair into 3-4 rows (dependent on how much hair you have) Using the vent brush roll the hair from root to tip!
- Starting At The Root: Always blow-dry hair from the root. To style your hair, put your vent brush in at the roots and roll it down to the ends. Once root and hairlines are dry, roll your tips at the end of the hair on the brush to finish off drying.
- Always Use The Nozzle: When it comes to achieving the salon blow-dry many people make the mistake of moving the dryer up and down or keeping it in one place. Instead of this, continually follow the brush with the hair dryer using the nozzle!
- Front Section: Blow drying the front section of hair can be difficult – no matter what length it is. We would recommend using our Small Vent Brush – especially if you have on trend bangs or a fringe.
- You’re one step closer… to finish off use a small bit of serum and run through the ends of your hair which will help to eliminate any frizz. Also, add in a little spritz of hairspray to help hold the style.